Our membership is open to the leading schools, colleges and beauty centres of the world and students looking to achieve a superior level of training and the CIDESCO Diploma qualification which is recognized worldwide.
1) To promote Esthetics on an international basis
2) To unite members on an international and national level
3) To create recognized training centres at an international level around the world according to a CIDESCO training programme that leads to the CIDESCO Examination and CIDESCO Diploma
4) To promote the exchange of professional knowledge, new developments and information by organizing international congresses.
CIDESCO USA working with Esthetician Connection, provide you advanced education directly from CIDESCO approved educators.
New Sexual Harassment Prevention Training CE Requirement for Illinois License Renewal
In 2019, a new law passed that requires individuals with DPR issued licenses requiring CE classes for renewal must also complete one (1) hour of CE on sexual harassment prevention training. This requirement is in effect for all renewals after January 1, 2020. Under the Individual Acts and Rules, this CE can be used towards the number of hours needed for renewal.
- The one-hour requirement is in effect for all renewals after January 1, 2020. Anyone renewing now needs to complete the sexual harassment prevention training course. Nail techs and instructors in 2020, cosmetologists and estheticians in 2021.
- If your license requires CE, you are required to take the training.
- If this is your first time renewing your license, you do not need the one-hour training. However, every renewal after it will be required.
- You can complete the training from any group authorized to provide CE classes within your state including Cosmetologists Chicago.
- The one-hour CE on Sexual harassment training can go towards the final number of credits needed for renewals. Example: if you need 14 hours for renewal and complete the one-hour class on sexual harassment prevention training, you will still need to complete 13 hours of additional training of your choosing.
- You must keep the certification of completion in your records. You will not need to provide the certificate when you renew, but you may be asked to confirm that you completed the training.
The Chicago Cosmetologists Association, Inc. is an approved sponsor of continuing education by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (license #190-000101). CE credit is approved in Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Nevada, and North Carolina. Additional states to come. Please check with your state’s licensing department to ensure that you have the approved credit hours you need to keep your license current. Please note that these programs are subject to change without notice.